Government forces injured fighters with no salaries for eight months

جرحى من المنطقة العسكرية الخامسة جرحى من المنطقة العسكرية الخامسة (ارشيف)

The wounded and disabled soldiers of the government forces in the fifth military zone complained on Tuesday that their salaries had been cut off eight months back, according to a letter addressed to the command of the region and staff.

The letter, which was signed by a number of wounded and disabled soldiers, said that no response was made to their complaints and repeated claims. Due to that their situation and their families are going through very bad conditions.

It is noteworthy that the affected soldiers filed a complaint through the governors of the western provinces to the President and Vice President to resolve their problem, but they did not receive any response.

In the other hand, sources told Almasderonline that the commander of the fifth military zone the General Omar Sajaf is staying in the government forces headquarters in Marib, eastern the capital Sana’a, after he reached a dead end about the salaries of soldiers and wounded once.


According to the letter, the government forces leadership did not fulfill their promises to Sajaf for providing salaries and possibilities, in order to enable the government forces continue their battle against the Houthis militants.

For more than two years, fighting has been taking place in Midi city, the headquarters of the fifth military zone northwestern the country between the government forces and the Houthis and no remarkable advance has made, as the region became a drain of the combat force.


However, the headquarter in Midi is on border with Saudi Arabia, but the casualties were taken to Marib to get their treatment, as they became disabled of fighting or be able to return to their homes, which are often under the Houthis  control.

Print Send

Send to friend

Share

You have just 1000 characters