Families of journalists abducted by Houthis hold Griffith responsible for what they are exposed to

Families of journalists abducted by Houthis hold Griffith responsible for what they are exposed to

Families of Yemeni journalists abducted in the Houthi militia prisons have demanded the swift release of their kidnapped children for more than three years, while calling on the UN envoy to take responsibility for what they are exposed to.

the journalists ' families said in a statement on Monday, a copy of which was obtained Al Masdar online said,  "After more than three years of kidnapping, and at the time we were waiting for their release, we were surprised by the Houthis ' referral to the Public Prosecutor's Office State Security Prosecution (under the control of the Houthis) of their kidnapped journalists in Sana'a,"

Earlier in the day, the al-Houthi militia referred the 10 journalists  "Tawfiq al-Mansouri Abdul Khaliq Omran, Issam Belghaith, Hassan Annab, Hisham Taramom, Hisham Yousfi, Haitham al-Shehab, Akram al-Walid, Harith Hamid and Salah al-Qaiedi" to their public prosecution service. To investigate them.

The militia resumed its investigations into the unrecognized prosecution, along with journalists  "Issam Belghaith, Tawfiq al-Mansouri, Salah el-Qaiedi, Haytham al-Shehab", while other journalists are waiting to be investigated.

The statement by the families of the kidnapped journalists, the Association of Journalists of the United Nations, the Union of Arab Journalists, the International Federation of Journalists, press unions, relevant human rights organizations, the legitimate Government and the UN envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths, called for their human and moral responsibility and professionalism towards the practices of the Houthis against our kidnapped journalists, and work on their release.


Share


Print Send