Saudi Arabia announces destruction of Houthi ballistic missile targeting Najran

Saudi Arabia announces destruction of Houthi ballistic missile targeting Najran

The Arab coalition forces on Thursday destroyed a rocket launched by the Houthis against Najran, south of Saudi Arabia, without causing any casualties.

The spokesman for the Arab coalition, Turki al-Maliki, said in a statement quoted by the Saudi news agency, the coalition air Defense Forces on Saturday evening spotted a ballistic missile fired from Sa'adah Governorate (northern Yemen) by the Houthis in the direction of the southern city of Najran.

Al-Maliki said the missile was "deliberately launched to target civilian and populated areas".

"The Royal Saudi Air Defense forces were able to intercept and destroy the missile inside Sa'dah Governorate, and the missile intercepted no injuries," he added.

The total number of ballistic missiles launched by the Houthis toward Saudi Arabia has so far reached 194 rockets, killing 112 civilians and residents, and injuring hundreds since the Houthi coup in Yemen, al-Maliki said.


Share


Print Send