Cholera kills 308 in Hodeidah and fears more spread

Cholera kills 308 in Hodeidah and fears more spread

Health authorities under the control of the al-Houthi group in Sanaa said the number of deaths due to the cholera epidemic in Hodeidah exceeded 300 between April 27, 2017 and August 2018.

The Ministry of Health and population of the Houthis, Yousef al-Hadheri, said that Hodeidah province has been in the forefront of the number of cases since the outbreak began on April 27 April last year.

The "new Arab " website quoted al- Hadheri as saying that the cases in Hodeidah amounted to 174 thousand, 300 and 83 cases, while 308 deaths were recorded.

Most of the cases reaching the health facilities are suspected and suffer from severe diarrhea, he said, "the Ministry of Public Health is working according to its potential to reduce the spread of the disease this year, as happened last year," adding that the deteriorating health situation The war has exacerbated the spread of diseases and epidemics in Hodeidah and other Yemeni governorates.

"Cholera medications are very little available, and the current situation of the epidemic can be met, but there are fears that the disease may be significantly increased and difficult to control if the necessary medicines are not available and the support of the organizations is discontinued to curb the spread of the pandemic, which began with a third wave in The country " he said.


Share


Print Send




-->