Spokesman: The Houthis did not abide by the truce in Hodeidah and we monitored more than 500 breaches in a month

Spokesman: The Houthis did not abide by the truce in Hodeidah and we monitored more than 500 breaches in a month


The spokesman for the government forces, Brigadier General Abdou Megally, on Thursday held a press conference in which he reviewed the violations committed by the Houthis since the truce came into effect on December 18th last year until January 17th.

Brig. Gen. Megally said that the ceasefire agreement in Hodeidah Province was abided only by government forces, while the Houthis continued their violations and hostile actions against military positions and civilians.

It revealed 520 violations by the Houthis in Hodeidah province since the truce came into force, of which 212 were in attack and firing shells at government forces positions.

Brig. Gen. Megally explained in a statement published by the official news agency  "Saba " that the violations of the Houthi militia and the repeated attacks on residential neighborhoods in several governorates including the province of Hodeidah through the firing of indiscriminate shells on the homes of citizens, most recent yesterday by the launch of a Katyusha missile on residents of al-Rawdha district in Marib province, injuring 2 citizens, including a child.

The official spokesman of the government forces said that (the attack by the Houthi militia, targeting the government team of legality, which is monitoring the shooting and in the presence of the UN Monitoring committee in Al-Drihimi  by sending a drones  carrying high explosives, is a blatant challenge to the international community In disregard of his decisions.)


Share


Print Send