Al-Maliki: Investigations into attack on Saudi Aramco sites are under way

Al-Maliki: Investigations into attack on Saudi Aramco sites are under way


A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition forces, Turki al-Maliki, said on Saturday that investigations were underway into the attack on the Saudi Aramco plants to identify the parties involved in the attack.

The Houthi group claimed responsibility for the attack on two Aramco plants in Baqiq province and Hijra Khreis, which it said carried out with 10 drones, after an intelligence operation and the cooperation of the honorable."

Al-Maliki said in a statement published by the Saudi Press Agency that "based on preliminary investigations joint with the relevant authorities based on operational evidence, indicators and physical evidence of the two terrorist attacks, the Joint Forces Command of the Coalition confirms that the investigations are still It is under way to know and identify those responsible for planning and executing these terrorist acts."

"The coalition's joint forces command continues to take and implement the necessary measures to deal with these terrorist threats to maintain national capabilities as well as global energy security and ensure the stability of the global economy," al-Maliki said.

The target position in eastern Saudi Arabia is more than 1,000 kilometers from the Houthis' control areas in northern Yemen, raising doubts about the possibility of the Houthis carrying out such an attack, and recalled an earlier U.S. newspaper report that an earlier attack on Saudi oil facilities had been launched from inside Iraqi territory, which is only 50 kilometers from the site of the latest attack.


Share


Print Send